Monday 13 July 2009

Keeping VAT man away

How you doin,
Having a F*****g shit time, my rabbit’s dead, pedigree greyhound is pregnant, got athletes foot and my sales have fallen off drastically in the last few months and my customers are getting much more price sensitive - b******s. Can I deregister for VAT and so effectively drop my prices? Or should I just deal in cash and pocket it all?
Cheers mate, Gazza


Dear Gary
If your total sales for the last 12 months have been less than £65,000, and you expect them to stay below this threshold for the next 12 months you can ask HMRC to cancel your VAT registration. This is not an automatic process and the VAT office may not grant you permission to escape the VAT net. You need to complete form VAT 7, which can be downloaded from the HMRC website, and give some convincing reasons on that why your turnover is unlikely to rise above the
compulsory VAT registration limit (£67,000) in the foreseeable future.

No comments: